Are you looking out for a new everyday watch? We're excited to share about Casio's latest watch collections for the modern man and woman launching this week and early-March:
1. G-SHOCK MR-G Kachi-Iro (Victory Colour)
Extensively used on Samurai armour and helmets, “Kachi-Iro” – a deep indigo – has long been a symbolic hue for victory in Japan and embodies the spirit of the unrelenting Samurai warrior. The collection includes 3 designs and 2 base models, the MRG-B2000 and MRG-B1000. The MRG-B2000R features a durable fluorine rubber band with a distinctive pattern resembling the one on the Bishamon (god of war or warriors) armour, which is a symbol of strength in Japan since ancient times. It also includes a heat-treated titanium bezel which reveals a unique crystallised finish on its surface, resembling the Nie (visible particles of hardened steel crystals) on the hamon* of Japanese sword blades.
*Created by differential hardening in swordsmithing, the hamon is a hardened portion of the Japanese sword, and commonly runs along the edge of the blade. Swords with hamons are essential to Samurai warriors as it provided the weapon with a sharp, strong edge yet flexible spine. Aesthetically, the hamon is instantly recognisable with its distinctive jagged line on the surface of the blade.
These MR-G Kachi-Iro will be available at the G-SHOCK MBS Premium and ION store from 10 March 2021.
2. G-SHOCK Transparent Pack Series (ft. six iconic G-SHOCK base models) G-SHOCK will be rolling out an all-new Transparent Pack Series featuring timepieces created using semi-transparent resin parts in six distinct G-SHOCK base models. There are three models with white-based semi-transparent resin: the iconic square DW-5600, the big case GA-700, and the popular GA-2100 that comes with an octagonal bezel. Another three models with gray-based resin are the carbon core guard GA-2000, the rugged, heavy-duty GA-900 and digital-analog GA-110.
The Transparent Pack Series will be available at all G-SHOCK stores and https://www.g-shock.sg/ from 26 February 2021.
3. G-SHOCK Gold Ingot Series Inspired by the gold ingot, this collection features three base models with a gold ion-plated bezel paired with a clear semi-transparent resin band, a design that exudes understated luxury and elegance. The Gold Ingot Series will be available at all G-SHOCK stores and https://www.g-shock.sg/ from 3 March 2021.
4. G-SHOCK Metal Covered Monochrome Series G-SHOCK will be releasing new colour variations for the GM-S5600 model, which are essentially smaller versions of the G-SHOCK GM-5600 Metal Covered Series. This series is inspired by the 1990s minimalist aesthetic with a dotted pattern on its face. The watch comes in two colours: the black ion-plated GM-S5600SB with black semi-transparent resin band and the silver face GM-S5600SK with white semi-transparent resin band. The watches will be available online at https://www.g-shock.sg/ on 5 March 2021 and at all G-SHOCK stores from 9 March 2021.
5. BABY-G MSG-S600 Sports Luxe Paying homage to the athleisure trend, Casio BABY-G rolls out a range of new designs for its GMS MSG-S600 series that feature sporty yet elegant elements. The watch is includes an analog dial with three digital sub-dials – a spin on the classic chronograph, and is available in four colourways that cater to wearers of various preferences: rose gold metal case with black resin band or white resin band; silver metal case with blue resin band or red resin band. These watches will be available at all G-SHOCK stores and https://www.g-shock.sg/ from 5 March 2021.